It’s downright annoying how easy it is to damage your own hair. Color-treating hair or heat-styling alone can eventually lead to strands that are dry, dull, and very prone to breakage. Take it from an editor who’s dyed her hair every single color of the rainbow — the longer you wait to treat hair damage like that, the harder it gets to repair and style without cutting it all off.
Thankfully, there are plenty of miracle-working hair masks out there with nourishing ingredients that’ll prevent you from needing to bust out the scissors. Whether you’ve just got a few split-ends from straightening your hair every few days or need a complete overhaul from years of color treatments, there’s a hair mask to help you treat the consequent damage.
These are Allure editors’ favorite picks, which cover every hair type, price point, and every level of damage possible. See the best masks for damaged hair from brands like Pantene, Briogeo, Redken, and more below that are available at Ulta Beauty, Sephora, and there are even some picks you can snag on Amazon. What are you waiting for? The best treatment masks for healthy hair are just few scrolls away.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: Olaplex No.8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask
- Four-Minute Wonder: K18 Leave-In Molecular Repair Hair Mask
- Expert-Endorsed: Amika The Kure Intense Bond Hair Repair Mask
- The Frizz Solution: Naturelab. Tokyo Repair Treatment Masque
- Brittle-Be-Gone: Verb Hydrating Mask
- Drugstore Favorite: SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Masque
- For the Finest Hair Types: Sachajuan Hair Repair
All products featured on Allure are independently selected by our editors. However, when you buy something through our retail links, we may earn an affiliate commission.